CARES funding available now
We hope to launch another round of large grants and loans in the new year. Please read below to get an idea of the type of support that may be available. If you are thinking of developing a renewables project why not take a look at our site guides, project models and case studies to see what might work.
CARES funding call – June 2020 - This funding call is now closed.
As Scotland starts to emerge from the COVID-19 crisis, there is an opportunity to focus on a green recovery by aiding economic activity that puts tackling climate change and our ambition to reach net zero at the heart of everything we do. The support that CARES offers to rural businesses, communities and third sector organisations is an integral part of this green recovery.
We encourage all communities across Scotland to consider how a green recovery could strengthen and build its resilience, support the local economy and the community’s wider social aims, and prepare for the future.
We recognise that many community organisations are currently supporting front-line services and helping those at risk in their communities. If the timing isn’t right for you now, please let us know so that we can keep in touch and look to work with you in the future.
How do I apply?
- Read our ‘CARES Funding call 2020: information and guidance pack’
- If you’d like to find out more about CARES funding and how to apply, attend one of our funding surgeries.
- Contact your Local Development Officer to make them aware of your interest. You will be asked to complete an Expression of Interest form at the first stage. You should email this to both your Local Development Officer and our general email address.
- Submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) form
- If your EOI is successful, you will be asked to submit a full application
What type of funding is available?
There are three types of funding available.
- Development funding - to complete community engagement activities, feasibility work and options appraisals to develop new local energy projects.
- Capital funding - for the capital costs of local energy projects.
- Enablement grants – these are available all year round, you don’t have to wait for a funding call to apply.