Infrastructure and Innovation Fund
***The Infrastructure and Innovation Fund is closed to new applications.***
The Infrastructure and Innovation Fund (IIF) provides grant funding for communities to investigate and develop projects that link local energy generation with local energy use, or projects that wish to develop innovative distribution and storage solutions.
The Infrastructure & Innovation Fund has supported more than 40 different projects to date across Scotland. All projects have been considered in relation to the following priority areas of the fund:
- overcoming barriers relating to grid capacity issues;
- energy storage and active network management;
- linking local energy demand with local renewable energy generation;
- delivering renewable heat and electricity to local consumers; and
- addressing barriers that communities face in areas of constrained electricity networks.
Project summaries are provided to:
- help prospective applicants to learn from and be inspired by previous projects; and
- let others understand and explore community energy projects in practice.
Highlands and Islands Enterprise - Low Carbon Energy Systems Framework Support
Early support may be available for communities and businesses across the Highlands and Islands for the technical development of projects.
For details please contact email@example.com