Share your views on the Good Practice Principles Consultation
On 30 November 2018 the Scottish Government launched a consultation on the review of their suite of Good Practice Principles for Renewable Energy Developments.
The Scottish Government has a suite of Good Practice Principles as follows:
- Community Benefits from Onshore Renewable Energy Developments.
- Shared Ownership of Onshore Renewable Energy Developments.
- Community Benefits from Offshore Renewable Energy Developments
These documents have been widely adopted across the renewables industry, providing a practical guide for stakeholders to use.
The Scottish Government signaled their intention in the Scottish Energy Strategy and supporting Onshore Wind Policy Statement (published December 2017), to undertake a review of the suite of Good Practice Principles during 2018.
The aim of the review was not for a wholesale change, but for an opportunity to enhance, reflect on lessons learned and align with current and future investment conditions. The consultation and corresponding workshops are aimed to seek the views of those in the renewable energy industry and communities alike.
The consultation can be found on the Scottish Government website and will run until 31st January 2019.
Discuss the consultation and share your views at one of the following workshops:
- Glasgow, 10am – 12pm, 9th January 2019 - Book here
- Perth, 1pm – 3pm, 18th January 2019 - Book here
- Ayr, 1pm – 3pm, 23rd January 2019 - Book here