CARES-supported projects make the Scottish Green Energy Awards final
The finalists for the Scottish Green Energy Awards have been announced! Congratulations to all the projects, companies and individuals shortlisted. We’re very pleased that 8 projects supported by Local Energy Scotland and the Scottish Government’s Community and Renewable Energy Scheme (CARES) have made the final.
Organised by Scottish Renewables, these awards showcase the very best in renewables and honour the people, organisations and communities helping shape renewable energy in Scotland.
We’re proud to have supported many projects in the Best Community Project Award category, along with finalists in three other categories.
Category: Best Community Project Award
Sponsored by SSE
- Arrochar Community Hydro Society for the Arrochar Community Hydro Scheme – read their CARES case study
- Community Energy Scotland for the Surf 'n' Turf Project – funded through the Local Energy Challenge Fund, read about the project here
- Fair Isle Electricity Company for the Fair Isle Low Carbon Energy System
- Awesome Energy Dalriada for the River Avich Hydro Scheme – read their CARES case study
- Ore Valley Housing Association for Dundonald Wind Turbine – supported by CARES, read about the project here
Category: Best Engagement Award
Sponsored by Vattenfall
- Banks Renewables for Kype Muir Wind Farm
- Force 9 Energy for Clash Gour Wind Farm – supported by CARES at the consultation stage
- SSE for Stronelairg Wind Farm
- SSE for Bhlaraidh Wind Farm
- Natural Power and ORE Catapult for the Wind Energy Benchmarking Services (WEBS)
Category: Best Innovation Award
Sponsored by Red Rock Power Limited
- APEM for Fast Science by Digital Aerial Survey
- Muirhall Energy and NATS for the Terma Radar System at Edinburgh Airport
- StorTera for the Single Liquid Flow Battery – funded through the Local Energy Challenge Fund, read about the project here
- ALIenergy and Xanthella Ltd for the Algal Solutions for Energy Economy (ASLEE) Project – funded through the Local Energy Challenge Fund, read about the project here
- Zephir Ltd and Natural Power for ZX TM Lidar
- ORE Catapult, ScottishPower Renewables and Green Angel Syndicate for the Offshore Wind Innovation Competition
- Orbital Marine Power (formerly Scotrenewables Tidal Power) for SR2000
Category: Champion of Renewables Award
Sponsored by CMS
- NnG Coalition
- The PEETS Project (Glasgow Caledonian University, Constructionarium Scotland Ltd, Lahti University of Applied Sciences, The Hague University of Applied Sciences)
- Star Renewable Energy – supported through the Local Energy Challenge Fund, read about the project here
- ScottishPower Renewables for Onshore Wind Week 2018
You'll find the full list of finalists on the Scottish Renewables website.
Congratulations to all the projects who made the list and good luck for the final on 6 December!