- Telephone calls
- Your personal information
- Use of your personal information
- Sharing information about you
Local Energy Scotland is a consortium of five regional organisations led by the Energy Saving Trust:
The Energy Agency: The Agency is a registered charity with an established trading company to operate interest-free loans and grant schemes.
Changeworks: Changeworks is an environmental charity and social enterprise, working in collaboration with public and third sector organisations, schools, communities and businesses.
The Wise Group: The Wise Group is a social enterprise based in Glasgow.
SCARF: SCARF is a social enterprise with its head office in Aberdeen, and activities across the North East of Scotland.
Energy Saving Trust: The Energy Saving Trust is a social enterprise with charitable status. We have incorporated a charitable parent company, under which is a non-profit company continuing to deliver substantial government-funded programmes, and a wholly owned trading subsidiary
- Local Energy Scotland is independent and provides free-at-point-of-use impartial advice.
Calls to and from Local Energy Scotland may be recorded to monitor and improve our customer service, and for staff training purposes.
Your personal information
We collect information about you (including name, email and address) when you:
- complete forms
- provide information when you contact us by email, telephone and letter
- provide feedback
- enter competitions.
Use of your personal information
We collect information about you to provide you with our services. We will use information about you:
- to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you
- to provide services requested by you
- to contact you about services requested by you
- to contact you for ‘service administration purposes’ – password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended or changed
- to monitor customer satisfaction
- to keep our records up to date
- to analyse customer trends
- for audit purposes
- to recommend products and services that we believe will be of interest to you
- to enable third parties to carry out any of the purposes above on our behalf
For grants and other funding we may require information about you:
- to process payments and repayments
- to assess your eligibility for funding or assistance
- to ensure compliance with scheme conditions (this may include site inspections depending upon the scheme)
All information collected by Local Energy Scotland may be shared between the consortium partners as listed above.
Sharing information about you
We sometimes use other companies and organisations (third parties) to process personal information for us. For example we use third parties to:
send postal mail
carry out credit checks
maintain our IT systems.
We share information, for analysis purposes, with government departments and bodies (including the devolved nations) that provide funding to Local Energy Scotland or have an interest in our activities.
We will also share information about you when we are required to so by law or if we have your permission to do so.
Local Energy Scotland will not contact you for marketing purposes, such as notifying you of events, unless you agree to this when you supply us with your information.
You have the right to stop us using information about you for marketing purposes. If we want to use information about you for marketing, we will ask before we collect it.
If you agree to let us use information about you for marketing you can change your mind at any time. There will be instructions of how to easily opt out of marketing within each correspondence or you can contact us with your instructions.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small, harmless, text file that normally contains a website name and unique user information (it will not identify you, but the computer you are using). The next time you visit that site your computer will check to see if you already have a cookie from that site. If there is an existing cookie, your computer will send the information in the cookie to the website. This will allow the site to work out how long you visit the site for and how often, and the pages you looked at, for example. By using cookies we can improve the way our site works and the relevance of the content for you.
Our website works best if you accept our cookies.
You can set your browser software to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. If you refuse all cookies, some parts of our website may not work.