Review the Community Benefit Register
If you are a developer and you provide funding to a community, please search for your project on the map and submit your details via the online developers form in the pop-out box. Note that all content in stage one must be completed to allow you to save progress and submit your form.
If you are a community please submit your details by searching for the project on the map and adding in your details on the online communities form in the pop-out box. Note that the name of the community organisation, a contact name and email must be completed in stage one to allow you to save progress and submit your form.
The Register also details fund spend, and provides ideas and advice for communities looking to ensure their funds are spent wisely. Read more about the Register.
You can view a list of all projects with community benefits here.
The average community payments and total community benefits paid this year are shown below the project map. These figures do not include income from wholly community owned projects.
Average community value from recent projects
Per mW per year
Total benefits paid
in the last year
AVERAGE COMMUNITY VALUE FROM RECENT PROJECTS
This is the average payment per installed MW committed from projects commissioned in the last 12 months, where a community or developer form is attached to a project.
Whilst many new projects offer a package of community benefits with a value of £5k/MW/yr, in line with the Good Practice Principles, the figure shown may be less than this for a number of reasons including:
- No new projects being commissioned in the last 12 months
- Projects commissioned in the last 12 months do not have a community or developer form attached
- Projects commissioned in the last 12 months with a community or developer form attached are for a technology other than onshore wind.
TOTAL COMMUNITY BENEFITS PAID IN THE LAST YEAR
This is an overview of payments from all projects registered and operational. This details the total funds paid in the previous 12 month period to date, to all communities across Scotland.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE REMOVED WHOLLY OWNED COMMUNITY PROJECT INCOME FROM BOTH OF THESE CALCULATIONS.
The Register is voluntary and relies on communities and developers sharing their experiences and the lessons they have learnt. If you are a recipient or provider of community benefit funds we would be very grateful if you could share information.
To add details of a development, either as a developer or a community receiving benefit from a renewable energy project, please use the developer and community forms available by searching for your development on the map.
If you wish to update details about your project you can do this either by:
1. Submitting a new community or developer form related to your project
2. Contacting Local Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2288 or firstname.lastname@example.org and letting us know about the changes you would like to make to the existing entry.
If you want to add details of a development that isn't on the Register, please contact us telling us the name of the development, date of commission, local authority area, installed capacity and renewable technology deployed.
- Purchasing a thermal imaging camera, Rosehall
- Installing a community kitchen classroom, Drone Hill
- Building a new community hall, Hill of Eastertown (Mackies)
- Funding a community car club - including an electric vehicle, Earlsburn (Community Share)
- Funding a co-operative community cycle club with electric cycles, Earlsburn (Community Share)
- Supporting sports training and competition at national championships, Farr Windfarm
- Core running costs for community groups, An Suidhe
- Funding the Befriending Caithness programme, Camster