Securing and managing benefits from renewable energy projects
It can be challenging for communities to secure, set up and manage funds or other benefits from renewable energy schemes - be these commercially owned, shared ownership or wholly-owned by the community.
The process can involve working with commercial developers to reach agreement or deciding how an annual fund can be structured to ensure the maximum impact for your community.
Local Energy Scotland provides advice and support to help make the process more manageable and effective for all. We offer:
- an enablement grant to help community groups identify the needs and aspirations of their community, or support the securing and setting up community funds from renewables;
- initial advice for groups to help them identify and explore issues around community funds;
- a community fund toolkit to help guide groups through the process;
- help to draw up your community benefit fund agreement, including a downloadable template;
- support around opportunities to explore the shared ownership of a renewables project with a commercial developer or other parties.
Find out more
- Get in touch with us,
- Watch this short film.