Locally owned energy projects
The Scottish Government has set an ambition to have 1GW of locally owned energy by 2020 and 2GW by 2030, in the Scottish Energy Strategy, its vision for the future energy system in Scotland.
What are the benefits of locally owned energy projects?
Watch our short video about the benefits of community owned projects.
How we can help
We help to progress projects with the aim of achieving these targets and we track this progress on our searchable map of local energy projects.
Our resources include:
- Case Studies on projects we’ve already supported
- Funding to develop your project
- The CARES Toolkit – an extensive downloadable guide to guide you through the process of developing a renewable energy project
- The Local Energy Marketplace – a directory of suitable contractors, mentors and investment opportunities
- Step by step guides to help you find a project model and funding route.
Get in touch:
- Contact your Local Development Officer today for free and impartial advice.